Wednesday, August 18, 2010

16 Weeks Is Pretty Good, Except for the Fat Part


Well, now that the fetus only makes me throw up at random intervals throughout the week, I have been in a much better space. I can function at an almost normal capacity and this morning I even made dinner ahead of time for the family since I will be working tonight. They should be totally stoked they do not have to have pizza or burritos for dinner... again.

I am feeling much better, but I still honestly cannot say that I enjoy pregnancy. As I have mentioned, I am very happy for the outcome, but the means of growth and arrival are not my cup of tea. That said, I seem to be having a much better time of it than I did last time.


However, the worst is now upon me. Even more than being sick, I hate the weight gain. I dread getting on the scale every day, knowing that the numbers will only be going up and up for the next several months. Ugh. After I worked so darn hard (twice) to make it all go away. I know it is for a good cause, but I hate it. What's worse, it seems like every other pregnant chick I see only has a big belly. Why do my legs and butt have to be getting huge, too??? I have been walking and still going to karate twice a week, but it is not good enough.


Honestly, it is depressing. I am so lucky to have my very good husband who tells me I am beautiful every day. He is definitely lying, but nice of him to try to make me feel better.


Anyway, that is the end of my pregnancy rant, for now. I will try my best to enjoy my miracle as it grows; I so look forward to holding it in my arms instead of my guts!

No comments: