Thursday, September 8, 2011

Post surgery...

This past Tuesday I underwent a minor surgical procedure that has landed me on bed rest for a couple of days. No big deal, except I am not very good at resting. I find it extremely over rated. Possibly because I do not get to rest very often, so I have subconsciously blocked the very idea from my mind.

I slept on Tuesday after surgery, but since then I have been cleaning, doing laundry and playing with the children as usual.

Two hours ago I managed to send them over to their grandparents' house because I was feeling pretty sore and tired. I thought, "OK, I am going to give in and rest."

Since then I have been laying in bed, restless. Reading, writing, blogging; anything but sleeping.
What the heck is wrong with me??? On top of it all, I miss the kids. I miss their screaming and laughing and squealing and running... Well, one of them running, anyway. It has only been two hours. What a sap I have turned out to be.

How does one learn to cherish child-free moments when their very faces bring such utter joy?



I'm going to try again to take a little nap, because I really am quite sore. I know they will run through the door as soon as I fall asleep, however, and all will be right with the world.

No comments: