Monday, March 16, 2009

Still Alive

No, I did not drop off the face of the planet, or disappear, or get eaten by a vampire, or... whatever. I am here.
But life is busy and boring.
The house is still (and always will be) a work in progress. Every spare moment is spent in the yard or bathroom or kitchen, fixing something or cleaning.
Always cleaning.
Every other moment is spent chasing around a super hyper 2 year old, and nothing else gets done because he might eat dirt or bugs, or squash the puppy, or flush the toilet 35 times, or bring all his toys out in the livingroom right after it has been cleaned for the 5th time, or... whatever.
There are no moments available for blogging or reading or relaxing.
I need a vacation. Away from everything. I may be a teensy bit depressed.
Any other moms feel that way? I am 28 and everything fun is over; it has been over for years and years, and may never have been there in the first place. What do I do?
What do you do to get away? And how do you find time to do it? Or do you just deal? Or do you not feel like me at all?
My escape is work. Even though I am locked down with 45-60 institutionalized youth I still feel wonderful at work because I do not have to talk about or think about home. All I have to do is get these kids through their day and work with the rest of the staff to keep each other safe and get us all home every night. And the next day is a new day.
Anyway, enough ranting. This blog is about my Peanut (who is doing wonderful); just had to tell someone that his mommy wants a vacation.
Hope everyone else is doing great!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you are still alive and its not just you!!

I am 28 years old and I do absolutely nothing fun. My days are spent working, cleaning, arguing with my toddler, and arguing with my husband about my toddler.

My husband and I haven't been on a date since his birthday last September. We are both overwhelmed by the demands of the terrible twos and we're mad at each other for not knowing how to deal with it.

Somedays, (a lot of days lately), I wish there was something more in my life. I love my little guy and my husband, and I know we have a lot of blessings in our lives, but somedays I just wish I had a hobby or time to exercise or time to just sit and relax if I wanted to.

That was probably A LOT more than you needed to hear, but you are not alone...

Eric said...

Just ran across your blog - will look forward to seeing more :)

Seems like you have a wonderful and loving family.