Saturday, December 27, 2008

No, I Am Not Boo Boo Bear...




Being a Mommy, I have lots of nicknames for my little man that convey all the love and affection I hold for him; but now that he is almost two, he knows everything, including the fact that the lovey names I call him on a daily basis are not his name or what he is.


Mommy: "I love you, Boo Boo Bear."


Peanut: "I not Boo Boo Bear, I the baby."


Mommy: "Oh. OK, baby."






Mommy: "What do you want to eat, Peanut?"


Peanut: "No, I not a Peanut, I a baby."


Mommy: "You aren't my Peanut?"


Peanut: "No, I Pauly the baby."


Mommy: "Oh. OK."




Not only does he not like nicknames anymore, he also knows EVERYTHING.


Mommy (pointing at a strawberry): "Look, Peanut; a strawberry."


Peanut: "No, it not a sawbry, it a mato."


Mommy: "No, it is a strawberry."


Peanut: "No, it a mato."




Mommy (pointing at a snowflake ornament): "Look, Peanut; a snowflake."


Peanut: "No, it not a snowfake, it for driving."


Mommy: "For driving? No, it's a snowflake."


Peanut: "No, it for driving." (moves it back and forth in his hands like a steering wheel)




And so on, with everything from mustard bottles being sugar to a receipt being a telephone.




Well, if he is going to know everything already, at least he has some imagination.

No comments: