Sunday, November 2, 2008

Let's Pretend...





















That dinosaurs are taking over the airport and having lunch together at the picnic bench and then stomping down the runway calling each other cute. My baby is developing his imagination, and it is quite interesting to listen to what his little mind comes up with. He has been playing pretend for a few days now, and each day the stories get more and more complicated. He started out with his dinosaurs, people, cars and blocks just talking to each other and then flinging themselves through space (across the living room) when they are finished playing. Tonight Peanut pulled me into his room as soon as I got home from work and I sat next to him and listened to him play. His dinosaurs walked around the Little People Airport eating and talking to each other. One dinosaur would say "Hello, friend," and another dinosaur would say "you are cute!"
How fun.
I majored in psychology in college, and although I have a decent understanding of the human mind I find it so amazing to actually watch it in action. Especially when it is my Little Peanut doing the playing. I will probably never get over how wonderful it is to watch him grow.

2 comments:

Our Path Our Journey said...

Thanks Dunkel I needed a good verbal shaking. Especially around election time.......serious change scares me!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story! It really is amazing to see how creative they can be!