Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt!


Little P is in this really great playgorup with a lot of other kids around his age so that he can learn social skills like sharing, etc. Today our playgroup had an Easter egg hunt at my house. Now, we go to playgorups and events all the time and Paul does not have a problem sharing toys or playing with other youngsters... Except for in his own house. I did not know this, but my son, my precious Little P, does not like to share his toys.

About four young kids came to our house today and Paul very nicely took them all to his room to pick out toys to play with before the egg hunt. One girl went right up to his little shopping cart and pushed it out of the room... if looks could kill... Little P gave the dirtiest look I have ever seen him give in his tiny life. Another girl walked up to his car and got inside and left the room... if looks could kill... Suddenly I hear "maaaamaaaa" and my baby is looking at me with tears in his eyes, and I end up holding and consoling him for nearly the rest of the playgroup. He was seriously jealous because kids were playing with his toys! I could not believe it!

The rest of the day went pretty well, and he finally got down to play with the kids for a few minutes before they left. He was quite happy when everyone was gone and he had his house back, though. I think I have to either hold many more playgroups at my house to show him how to share, or hold off for a while until he is a little older and understands sharing his space. What do you think???

P.S. About 15 minutes after everyone left Paul was sound asleep. Sharing is hard on the emotions and tends to wear one out!

No comments: