Monday, July 21, 2008

Exercise!


For several years I reaped the benefits of working out; I looked nice, and more importantly, I felt great. Then I got pregnant... It is said that one can still exercise while pregnant, but it is difficult to do when you vomit every time you move. So I gained a bazillion pounds, and here I am 19 months later, still trying to get rid of it. I only have 12 pounds to go (out of 60), but it has been the same 12 pounds for about 6 months and I am frustrated as hell.

I chase my son around all day, I stand for at least 9 of my 12 hours a day at work, I dig in the yard like a mad dog on weekends, I have been walking to and from work, and eating healthy, mostly, but still it remains. The weight sticks like white on rice and what I see in the mirror is not pleasing to my eyes, at all. My dear husband tells me everyday without prompting that I am pretty and he loves me no matter what I look like, but I do not feel better.

I will be the first to admit that I probably have some sort of disorder, and people will say I need therapy, but I know that the only true cure is to resume my pre-baby body. That means I need to work out... a lot. That means I need support... a lot. So I will continue to walk and work out as much as I can, even if it means getting up at 4:30am on my days off, and my buddies at work will have to make sure I eat healthy... no more Italian themed pot-lucks, even if the Chicken Parmesan is so delightful!

Some words of encouragement and ideas for workouts, please...

1 comment:

Our Path Our Journey said...

Ok, no more chicken. Remember I have a 3.5 mile walk ready to go just need a walking partner even Paul can come as long as he is stroller trained. Jk
Us hall people all need to step away from the cupcakes and chicken, yummy stuff though.