Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunflower Seeds






Today I have spent my involuntary day off working in the yard with Paul (and teaching him about the plants growing out there), which included cutting down my very large, but sad-looking sunflowers (which Paul had a great time dragging around the yard after they were cut). I then decided to get one step closer to becoming a farmer, and harvest the seeds from those sunflowers. Fun! I won't quit my day job just yet, but there is something to be said for bringing in one's own harvest!


There are about ten billion seeds in one sunflower, and I got two full bowls of seeds from two flowers. Then I found a recipe online for toasted sunflower seeds and voila! A snack! Very yummy for mommies and daddies, but NOT for babies (that is my little disclaimer for the day). So, if you have any giant sunflowers standing around in the yard, they make a great, easy snack.

On another note, Paul is now a professional at the "E-I-E-I-O" part of "Old MacDonald Had A Farm." He is wandering around the house singing it at the top of his voice right now.

No comments: