Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Garden Update




The garden is coming right along, besides the peas that something killed and buried right in the garden. I do not think it was the evil devil-spawn gopher this time; I think it was my dog! Lame. They are definitely working together to destroy my summer harvest. Two things you do not want if you are an aspiring farmer: gophers and dogs. Also bugs that eat leaves and plants... Lame.
Other than those pests, the garden is coming right along, and in a few months I should have some nice tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and squash. The Peas are done for, and something ate the okra before it even had a chance...
I have some really great sunflowers growing, too, just for fun. They did not look like they were going to make it a few weeks ago, but they have really sprouted and they look so cool!

No comments: