Sunday, April 27, 2008

Scrapbooking with Paul




Mommy loves to scrapbook and Little P loves to help pick out the pictures. I used to scrapbook all the time, and finished two while I was at home the last month of my pregnancy, but after Little P was born all creative activity ended for me. Who knew that there would not be enough hours in the day to be a mom, wife, housekeeper, cook, career woman and scrapbooker. On any given day I would love to delete the items having to do with keeping house from my list and add scrapbooking. In the whole scheme of things that would not be the best plan, as I would feel icky leaving things messy while I worked with the Muses, and I would feel guilty if my family missed a meal because I was at the scrapbook store buying stickers, stamps or cute paper; but I am rambling.
Tonight I decided that I would work on the Disneyland scrapbook I started two years ago after my first trip to Disneyland for our second wedding anniversary. The plan was to get all my fun stuff out and complete three or four pages... the reality was I got all my fun stuff out and then spent two hours looking at pictures with Paul from his album, and then put all my fun stuff away because he got to grumpy to play with pictures.
In all it was a totally non-productive evening, except for that I got a few cute shots of Paul analyzing himself when he was a baby (because he is totally grown up now), and yelling out the names of people he recognized in the pictures. It was fun to watch him see someone he knew; his eyes would get wide and he would point, yell and turn the page to see who was smiling at him next.
How about it? Do you still find time for fun, creative activities, or is it all baby, all the time?

No comments: