Friday, October 3, 2008

It Is Raining



















Well, it's started. Yesterday was a bit overcast, but still warm and even sunny sometimes. Today looks like the middle of winter, and it feels like it, too. It is suddenly very cold and raining, which means we could not go outside to play; so what did we do?


I have been working on deep-cleaning the house for the last couple of days, but today I had one too many cups of coffee and really went to work. I swept vacuumed as usual, but then I dusted (which happens about once a year), scrubbed walls and floors and moved furniture around. I still have some energy left, so I might go clean the bathroom...Nah!


Peanut played all day long, and while he was a little grumpy about not being able to go outside, he managed to keep himself busy. He played with his farm and airplane, he ran around the house like a crazy person and he pretended his new dinosaur was eating the fish right out of the fish tank. Now he is crawling around asking for a bath and being incredibly tired. I think the furniture arrangement has thrown him off, as he has been used to certain hiding places and jumping platforms, but now he has to stop and look around for new places to hide when he plays Hide-and-Seek with uncle James.


Daddy and James cleaned the gutters... in the rain... they will probably both catch cold and I will have to make more chicken soup. Speaking of soup, the recipe I posted the other day turned out fantastic. I was pretty impressed with myself, especially when I reheated the leftovers tonight, made some drop biscuits and had dinner ready in fifteen minutes. Nice. More time for cleaning.


Well, off to the bath and then to bed. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow; I will tell you about it when we get back.

No comments: