Sunday, October 12, 2008

What To Write...



There has been absolutely nothing going on this week. It was a pretty uneventful weekend, except we went to Denios Farmer's Market in Roseville for a day out. What better way to spend a Saturday morning than walking around looking through people's old stuff and some new stuff for great deals on stuff you probably don't need? I love it. It's like going to a ginormous garage sale and discount store all in one, and outside. Cool.

I spent the rest of Saturday moving wood from various piles in the back yard to the carport, because it is almost time to start using the fireplace. Yes, the fireplace. The house we live in has terrible insulation, and the furnace does not put out hot air, so most of the time the house is freezing, and colder than it is outside. This is great in the summer; but when you wake up in the morning and it is 42 degrees (NOT and exaggeration) in the house (and heats up to a maximum of 54 degrees by afternoon), the wood stove comes in handy. True, we must spend the day and half the night huddled in the living room, but it makes for great quality time with the family. I am not complaining. I wish it was warmer in the house, but at least we have a house, and a wood stove is better than nothing. Anyway, I spent the afternoon moving wood to the carport so that I do not have to hunt through the piles in the rain for dry pieces like last year. It is really rather pathetic, but I remember bundling up Peanut and putting him in his backpack carrier and going out to hunt for dry wood in the yard (no uncle James living with us then to watch him while I went outside, and Daddy was at work). Oh, I have learned much in the way of county living. Don't try to light a fire without kindling and never store your wood in piles under tarps in the yard; they get wet, no matter what. So, I got my workout yesterday doing that.

Then I went with a friend from work to have sushi. I had it for the first time a couple of months ago, and it has grown on me. I have even learned how to use chopsticks. I try to stay away from anything too raw, though. I had a lobster roll that was scrumptious (and all cooked) and even the leftovers were good, which is rare for sushi, I think.

Anyway, my Peanut and Daddy are good. Just living life and being cute, as usual. I am pretty sure Daddy would like to be referred to as something other than "cute" but I am running short on intelligent thought right now. I have been working out like a crazy fool, so I am really tired, but still not much result. A quarter of a pound, in three weeks. I feel pretty lame about that, but I am becoming addicted to working out and find myself getting up every morning to go to the little County gym to start my day. The good thing is that I am getting a workout partner, I hope. Her first day is tomorrow, and we will see how long she lasts, but she is pretty dedicated, so it might work out well.

I guess that's it. So much writing to say so little. Life is quiet, and I like it that way, but it does not make for blog fodder.

No comments: