Saturday, October 4, 2008

Richard and Hannah's Wedding











Today we got all dressed up and drove two hours to Sierra City, Ca for my cousin's wedding. He and his new wife have been together since they were in grade school, so all I can say is "it's about time." It was seriously a sweet little wedding, but Peanut isn't really interested in weddings, so he got to play outside with uncle James during the ceremony. After the wedding we walked over to the community hall and stayed at the reception for a little while, but ended up leaving early because it was incredibly crowded and Peanut was all about running around like a crazy toddler; besides that, it was going to be a long drive home. The day really flew by, actually, and before we knew it we were in Downieville having pizza by the river. I lived in Downieville for a couple years with my family and I consider it my hometown, even though I was born in the Bay Area. There is nothing like small town life, and I wish I could have lived there longer. Instead I will just have to live vicariously through my cousin and his lovely bride, as it seems they are making quite a life for themselves up there in the mountains. We are home again, and glad to be, but take a look at my beautiful mountains and say a happy prayer for Richard and Hannah's new life together.

No comments: