Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup


One of my friends at work made this soup and brought it to work for lunch. It is fabulous, and I told her so, so she gave me the recipe. Admittedly, I have not made it yet, but it is on the menu for tomorrow night's dinner. I will let you know if it turned out as good as hers, and you can tell me if yours was good, too.

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts (I am going to use boneless breasts, but you can cut up a whole chicken, if that's your pleasure)

2 cans black beans (14 1/2 ounce) undrained

2 cans stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 ounce)

1 can tomato sauce (14 1/2 ounce)

1 cup of salsa (your favorite kind)

1 small can of green chilies


Throw everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.

When it is finished, dish it up and add shredded cheese, crunchy tortilla strips and sour cream.

Yummy.

No comments: