Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Milestone


Tonight at dinner my Little P used a fork to eat all by himself! I am so excited and so sad at the same time! Yay for him, sad for me; he is growing up so fast. It is great that he is developing and growing like crazy, but he is not a baby anymore. Well, there is not anything I can do to keep him a baby forever, so I might as well roll with it.


Another thing he started yesterday I am not so willing to roll with. Yesterday he started saying "MOVE!" and pushing people out of his way. Excuse me? 1. How rude! 2. Where the hell did he learn that? Nobody in my immediate family would talk like that, and I am pretty sure grams and gramps would not say that, so where does he come up with this stuff? Ugh! So now we have begun to learn how to say "excuse me." So far I have not had any success, but we only started last night.


Little P: (pushing mommy out of his way) Move!

Mommy: Excuse me?

Little P: Move!

Mommy: How do you ask, Paul?

Little P: Move! Please!

Mommy: Pauly, we say "excuse me" if we would like someone to get out of the way.

Little P: Cue me! Move!


Sigh. It is going to be a long week.


No comments: