Saturday, August 23, 2008

While I finished...




I finished the Twilight series about 20 minutes ago, and it was everything I expected it to be. I am not going to write a review, since that's not what I do, but I will say that you must read it; especially if you have any tiny spark of self that loves romance/action/mildly magic stories.

My husband and brother were fabulous while I worked through my addiction; they understood that I could not set the books down without going through severe withdrawals, so they took care of my son and let me fully enjoy my weekend. I was glad for the break, but it is not like they had a choice in the matter. I was almost totally useless while I was not reading, as I could think of nothing besides Bella and Edward if I set the book down to complete other chores. I had to stop and cook, for example, and all I could think was "My vampire family would not need me to do this." Not that I would trade this family for a vampire family. Probably.

Ah, alas, it is over; they will be in my heart and on my bookshelf forever, but I must move on. Hopefully my next relationship with a set of fictional characters will not be so consuming.

Now I must go; I have chores to do from the last several days and I have to get ready for work tomorrow.

Sigh.

PS: Here is what Paul was doing while his Mommy was on another planet.

No comments: