Thursday, August 28, 2008

No Bake Cookies


I was not feeling well today, so, as usual, I decided to make something. I do not know why, but cooking often settles my stomach and relaxes me when I do not feel 100%.

Today I made no-bake cookies, and they are so easy and so yummy that I just had to share.

Ingredients:

4 ounces real butter

1/2 cup milk

2 cups sugar

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

3 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)

3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preparation:

Mix chocolate chips, peanut butter and oats in a large bowl. Combine butter, milk, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan; bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Combine hot mixture with oatmeal mixture and stir well. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour. Store in airtight container, and keep refrigerated for best results.


These are very rich cookies and will definitely spoil your diet, but every bite is worth it! Everything in moderation, and with a glass of milk!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ms. (ops Mrs.) Brandy, you can come over to my house anytime you don't feel good and make me cookies. Oh that's mean making you drive all that way. NO baking and driving. I will come to you and we can bake.