Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yard Work



I am totally exhausted!!! Not only an I still tired from working last night, but I landscaped about a 20x4ft section of my yard today. It looks really great, but I am going to be sore tomorrow.

I took out all the sunflowers by the front window, as well as the dead rose bushes that the evil gophers devoured, and replaced them with succulent plants and a rock garden. It looks really nice, and I have included some pictures, although they do not do my new little garden justice.

I always feel so great when I accomplish some bit of yard work, and I feel so happy as I stand back and admire the work; but then I turn around and see the whole rest of the yard that still needs so much work. All I can do is come inside the house, grab a glass of wine and promise myself we will complete another project next weekend. Maybe.

No comments: